Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I Love About My Best Friend, Buddy, and One True Love, Kirt....

Wild ride, right?! I get emotional Just thinking about how much I love you. I know I don't show it as often as I want to and try to put up a tuff wall. I don't know why. I don't think I will ever truly know why, but you are my one true weakness. For you, I would do anything. I talk tough. I'm a liar. I love you completely and endlessly. Nothing will change that. Nothing can break that. You are my world.

Where to start??? When I first met you, I knew I wanted to know you. I broke my rule of never calling a boy first and called you. It took us a while to get around to dating each other but it happened. It sounds completely cheesy but when you first kissed me I knew I loved you. I knew I wanted to be with you the rest of my life. I can't even put into words how grateful I am I had that higher spot in line at Cold Stone that night. Can you imagine if I hadn't??? You never would have picked up on that high school student who was going to prom the next night.......yea you felt like an idiot.

We had been best friends for 2 years before dating, so I knew you would make an amazing father. I just didn't think you would be fantastic. Seriously Kirt, I know I give you a hard time, but, you are the best father I have ever seen. I find it impossible to keep up with you. You amaze me every day with your dedication to this family and to me. I love and trust you completely. It scares me because I know you of all people can hurt me the most.
 
Trust. But---I trust you. Faith. I have Faith in us. That is what I Love most about you. I knew nothing of either of those two words before I met you. You taught them to me and made me believe in them. I struggle here and there, but you always make me believe in them again. I love your persistence, it is a quality I hate and love all at the same time.

We have had our share of downs haven't we? Or, shall I say, I, have had my share of downs and you have been there to catch me? Yes. That is more of how it went. I love how calm and steady you are. Although I know you don't feel that way on the inside. Thank you for being strong when I needed you to be. I know it wasn't easy, it wasn't fair, and it most certainly wasn't fun. But, You stuck by me. You are amazing. You stuck by me through everything. How can I ever thank you. Without you I would be completely and utterly lost. You and God are the only thing who get me through my storms. You are a blessing I will selfishly keep forever and never share:)

You are so fun to be around. I think after having 4 kids we forget how much fun we can have together. But if we spend even 2 hours away from the kids, our personalities come alive and I think, "Man, this guy is freaking awesome! How did I get so lucky?"

You are such a good sport. I decide randomly I want to go skydiving and your greatest fear is heights. So as my birthday present we go skydiving. WHAT A RUSH!!! What a mood swing?! Right?! Who knows what to expect and you just go along for the ride. Thank you buddy!!! That is a memory I will never forget.

You are patient, you are kind, you are gentle. You taught me to love unconditionally. What true friendship really is, and have always been an example to me in how to live my life. You make me a better person. You truly are my better half. You will sit there and take a lecture when you shouldn't even have one.  I am always in awe of you. I still catch myself staring at you asking myself, "How did I get so lucky??? This guy is hot!" You are everything times a million that I had ever dreamed of having. As far as life with our little family....we couldn't be more blessed, we couldn't be more happier, we couldn't ask for anything more. We have everything we will ever need. We have each other and the kids. That is all that matters. You are my everything.

You are the most handsome man on the planet. Truly, you are. I'm so glad you are mine. I would go crazy if you weren't. You are irreplaceable to this family and to me. I need you, I love you, I'm so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for those late night blessings of comfort. To have that in our home is something I have always promised myself I would have for my family. Thank you for making all my dreams a reality. I love you with all my heart.  niki

No comments:

Post a Comment