Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I love about Beckham!

Bekinator!!! The Beckster!!! Well my perfect little brown eyed angel. What can I say about you? I mean, WOW!!! First off you are my one and only brown eyed child. So we are automatically a team. (even though you are a daddy's boy through and through.) But----you are physical proof that my genes exist in the Michaelis boy's. I was just shocked that none of the kids had brown eyes. Brown eyes are dominant!!! But your father says,"He's the man. He'll always be dominant." Whatever. I got you and that is all that matters. And boy are you a treat!!! Everyday I wake up and think, "I get to spend this day with my cute "baby Beckham"".

You are the one child your dad actually delivered. I had an epidural so I couldn't feel anything but I had a feeling you had your own agenda. I was planning on going home that night. I did not want to have you that early. (4 weeks early) But you were coming anyways. And came you did. Contractions started at home and two hours later you were born.......but I'm getting ahead of myself. I had an epidural and I told kirt and the doctor to check and make sure you were not coming out early. They thought I was being paranoid but checked anyways and the doctor yells, "OH! There's the head! I see a Head." and he goes to grab some gloves and your dad runs over and catches you with one hand and the doctor with his other one gloved hand. It was a funny site. Your dad was really worried he was going to drop you.

Then like always......you made us worry. You struggled to breathe and they rushed you to the NICU. You had tubes down your throat and IV's and your mother was an absolute mess. She ended up yelling at one of the nurse's and then as a result got a really fancy basket with gift cards and food from the hospital as an apology......don't mess with mama!!! You came home after eight seemingly endless days and have been healthy ever since. I will say though, and it will make you mad, you are our cute little runt of the family. BUT----you can pack a punch!!! Don't mess with Becks!

I love when we ask you what you name is you don't just say "Beckham". You always say, "Baby Beckham". I love your cute little face that lights up when you say your name. You melt every part of me with that cute face of yours. I feel you are a special blessing in our family and a treasure to have each day in our lives.

I love and am tortured by the fact that when we go to bed you say, "We go bed? In OUR bed?". And if you are wondering why you say our, it is because we gave up the fight, and you now always sleep with daddy and I......every night. And it is killing us. I love it because you are so funny at night. You go through a routine of making your crazy noises and then your crazy pelvic thrusts and then it's lights out. You are so funny.

You are so loving. Don't ever change that about yourself. Your tenderness is one of my favorite things and it melts my heart when you give me your sweet little kisses. I love it when you say, "kisses mommy, kisses!"

I named you after one of the most important and special people in my life. You remind me a lot of him and you look like he did as a child. I named you after your uncle Jesse who went missing 5 years ago, May 24, 2008. Beckham Jesse. You are crazy fun and care free. You love life and see the fun in everything. You are a breath of the freshest air. I love you completely and endlessly.

You put up with a lot. Your two brothers are a lot to handle. I am impressed at how you can hold your own. You not only posses physical strength but I can already sense a strong spirit from you and know you are meant to do great and wonderful things. Watch that little temper cute boy. (All my boys need to watch their tempers.) Nothing bothers your mother more than a nasty temper.

Your blonde hair and brown eyes will get you all the girls. be kind and gentle and loving. I love you my sweet adorable boy. Nothing will ever change that my Baby Beckham.   Love Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment