Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What I love about Lexi

Wow. What can I say about this girl? Everything! She is absolutely amazing!!! What a blast to be around!!! She is my best friend and baby girl all at the same time!!! BUT----I do know I am her mother first. And trust me, I'm not afraid of her hating me if I know something is better for her.

This is our family blog. So I guess I get to do whatever I want with it. So I'm going to tell you all the things I love about Alexis or shall I say Lexi.

Lexi first and foremost, is my only girl. So we have a ton of fun together. I could talk to her forever about anything. She has the best personality out of anyone I have ever known. Anything she tries she is good at. (She gets that from her father. It is awesome for her and drives me crazy with Kirt. I'm a little competitive.) That is one thing I wish she knew about herself. She is so talented and never gives herself enough credit.

Another thing I love about Lexi is her kindness. And that kindness comes from my favorite part about her.....her heart. Lexi loves everyone she meets. Her heart loves unconditionally. She is such an example to me. She is so tender. At only the age of eight she wants to save the world. Or at least all of the children in it.

I will never forget the time I was lecturing the boys about not finishing all the food on their plate. I remember telling them about the starving children in Africa, and how some had nothing to eat. The boys seemed un-phased by the lecture and couldn't wait until it was over. I had no idea Lexi could hear what I was saying, let alone that she was in the room, silently listening to every word I was saying. Lexi slowly came over to me with tears streaming down her face. "Is that story really true?" she said. I looked at her. I was shocked to see her so upset. I immediately felt terrible for the guilt trip that wasn't even intended for her. I couldn't lie. "Yes Lexi. There are some children in this world who don't get enough to eat." She began to sob. I put my arms around her tiny little body and squeezed her tight. She calmed down a little and said, "What can we do? Can we sent them the dinner we have on the table? I don't need to eat my dinner. They can have mine." "Awe. My sweet Lexi. If only it were that simple." I smiled and hugged her again. I promised her we would figure something out to help feed the hungry kids in Africa. Only then would she calm down. So tender. I just love her.

There are so many little things I could say. I love, love, love, her giggle. It is the best feeling when you get her to giggle her true giggle. You feel you've just won the jack pot. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is a little tomboy, so getting her to shower, do her hair, brush her hair, and dress in anything fancy, is always a huge fight. I usually cave in. She looks gorgeous no matter what she is in and no matter how her hair is done.

That girl is an artist. She already has an amazing talent. Her pictures and story books are treasures of mine and I hold them close to my heart. She is also an amazing dancer......and boy does she have sass! That girl can shake her little hips and is the most flexible thing I have ever seen. I just love her.

If I am ever gone for the night, we both get homesick for each other. We have developed this routine that, at the end of the night, when all of the other kids are in bed, we stay up and chat. It seems like every time is at least a half an hour. That girls' smile gets her everything. She knows how to work both Kirt and I to get what she wants. She is very good at what she does.

So as you can see I love basically everything about Lexi!!! My life would be so empty without her sunshine to brighten my day! I love my little Lexi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment