Thursday, April 25, 2013

Raindrops and Dew...

My kids always make me tell them a bedtime story. Every night without fail they will tell me they are afraid of the "monsters" and the "scary stories". I don't know where they heard these scary stories but I swear it is going to be the death of Kirt and I. We try to paint "pretty pictures" in their head and whisper to them till they fall asleep.

Their favorite story, besides "Helga and Igor", is "Raindrops..." It makes them picture happy things before they go to bed, I guess. We tell it very slowly and very softly. It works like a charm. They fall asleep every time! I figured I'd write it down so we can have it forever.

Raindrops
I see the soft raindrops,
 drip dropping.
I see the soft leaves move with them,
 splish splashing.
I look up at the sky,
but no cloud is over head.
I see a sun shine brightly, 
with raindrops glistening.
I see a bright green, beautiful leaf.
It has one gigantic raindrop resting.
Reflecting.
I look into the raindrop and see,
the memories of all the rain.
Happy puddle splashing,
funny drizzle frizzle,
Crazy pouring wetness, 
and soft mist of a cool summer breeze.
Raindrops all around.
Dripping softly to the ground.
Head up,
Tongue out!
Crazy, wild, fun.
The calm of the raindrops
go drip, drip, drop...!



No comments:

Post a Comment