Thursday, May 9, 2013

HA-WEE-WEE!!!!

HA-WEE-WEE!!!!! Oh yeah baby!!! That's where this family is going!!! My family is ready to kill me because they keep telling me you pronounce it Hawaii. But all I can think of when I think of the word Hawaii is WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited!!!!

Yes I know. Everyone thinks we are crazy because we are taking all of our 4 kids with us but hey, we don't care. We are so excited to run and play on the beach with them!

Planning this trip has been exhausting and beyond stressful. I am anything but a planner. I like to do things last minute. I don't like waiting to go on fun trips. So this has been pure torture. I have been like a little kid at a candy store! I want it now! The kids have been more patient than I am.  BUT---they are pretty excited themselves. There is only one draw back

But............I am afraid of flying. Someone please tranquilize me because I hate to fly. Star-Trek me there already!!!

Kirt and I went sky diving and the plane ride was more torture that actually taking the jump. I welcomed jumping out of that plane! There are few things I hate less than landings and take offs.....but I'll do it. Oddly, I'm not scared of heights, I love to be up high and see the pretty scenery, I'm not scared once we are flying, But-----if we hit turbulance......WATCH OUT!!! I  am the person screaming in the background, "We're all gonna die! Somebody get me off this plane!!!"

I am told me fear makes no sense since skydiving and zip-lining and everything else like that doesn't scare me. But whatever.......sedate me!

So as we got on the plane, none of the kids are afraid of flying. (except Beckham showed some potential on take off, SO PROUD!) We flew from SLC to Denver and that was OK. But the flight from Denver to Hawaii was not fun. Lexi and Chase drew a picture of the plane crashing and then all of us falling from the sky with parachutes.......I was the only one with no parachute. They thought they were so funny. MEAN.

That did not help my anxiety. I was not taking anything lightly. They were laughing so hard. Mean old kids! Cute though.

We have now landed and are staying at the Marriott Ko Olina. This is a picture of us at the resort. It is absolutely beautiful here!!! There are restaurants int he hotel, a private beach just for the guests, we are staying in a two bedroom suite with a KITCHEN!!!! I feel like I have died and gone to heaven. This is paradise. SO EXPENSIVE THOUGH!!! How does anyone afford this without maxing out their credit cards???? I mean seriously.........Not that that's what we're doing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment